Effective as of 30. August 2022
Numab Therapeutics AG (Numab), headquartered in Switzerland, provides this Privacy Notice because the protection of your personal data is of particular concern to us and we know that you care about how your information is collected, used, shared, and retained. We only process your personal data based on legal provisions and in accordance with all applicable legislation.
This Privacy Notice applies to information collected when you visit our website at https://www.numab.com (the “Site”), when you request our publications, information sent to us via email, by contacting us via the Site, or any other means.
This Privacy Notice informs you about which personal data we process and the way in which this personal data is processed.
What information we collect and the purpose of collection and use
We collect the following categories of information.
1. Contact information
We, now or in the future, may collect contact information from the Site’s visitors, who wish to obtain general information, scientific publications, subscribe to our email alerts, or contact us about compounds offered for license, or in relation to other commercial activities. Contact information is provided and collected via forms filled in by the Site’s visitors, job applicants, or other persons, or sent to us by email. We only use your contact information obtained in this way to communicate with the you; this is a legitimate interest to use this personal data.
Cookies are small text files that a website may put on your computer or mobile device when you first visit a website or its pages. The cookie helps the website to recognize your device the next time you visit. Web beacons or other similar files can also do the same thing. We use the term “cookies” in this Privacy Notice to refer to all files that collect information in this way.
Cookies serve many functions. For example, they can help remember your preferences or analyze how well the website is performing. The cookies used on the Site do not collect information that identifies you personally. Instead they collect more general information such as how users arrive at and use the Site, or a user’s general location. Numab uses the following cookies on the Site:
- Essential cookies, which are essential for the operation of the Site.
- Performance cookies, to monitor website performance and analyze how our visitors use the Site. This allows Numab to optimize your web experience and quickly identify and fix any issues that arise. For example, Numab may use performance cookies to keep track of which pages are most popular, which method of linking between pages is most effective, and to determine why some pages are receiving error messages. Numab uses Google Analytics for these analytical activities. The information obtained, including the internet protocol (IP) address of your computer, is transferred to and stored by Google on servers in various countries, including but not limited to the United States. Google uses this information to analyze the use of the Site and report this to Numab. Google may disclose this information to third parties when under legal obligation to do so, or when third parties process the information on behalf of Google.
- Social media buttons: The Site includes buttons to promote or share pages to social networks like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. These buttons are established by code that is supplied by these social networks. These codes also placed in a cookie. Please regularly check the privacy notices of the relevant social networks to read more about their use of your personal details when processing this code.
3. Additional uses
We also use Contact Information and Site usage information collected pursuant to this Privacy Notice. The purpose is, when you have given consent for this, to respond to general inquiries, solicit feedback regarding our Site, provide relevant content on our Site, and to communicate with you via email regarding our current and future Products.
4. Opt-In to onward transfers
We do not disclose your personal information to any third party without first obtaining your opt-in consent unless obliged by applicable law. You may, at any time, withdraw your granted consent, you may do so by emailing us at email@example.com, using this form. In each instance, please allow us a reasonable time to process your response.
5. Business transfers
In the event of a merger, dissolution or similar corporate event, or the sale of all or substantially all our assets, we expect that the information that we have collected, including personal information, is transferred to the surviving entity in a merger or the acquiring entity. All such transfers are subject to our commitments with respect to the privacy and confidentiality of such personal information as set forth in this Privacy Notice.
6. Disclosure to public authorities
We are required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including for the purpose of meeting national security or law enforcement requirements. We may also disclose personal information to other third parties when compelled to do so by government authorities or required by law or regulation. This includes, but is not limited to, disclosure in response to court orders and subpoenas.
7. Right pertaining to your personal data
You have the following rights pertaining to personal data we collect from you. Please use the Form if you want to request access to this information. It is our aim to respond within one month. In exceptional circumstances, such as manifestly unfounded or excessive requests, we may require payment of a fee to pay for our expenses in providing you with such information or refuse your request:
- Right to access your personal data: Upon request to firstname.lastname@example.org we provide you with confirmation whether we are processing your personal information. If requested and within a reasonable time, we communicate to you the personal data processed.
- Right to correct, amend, or delete your personal data: You have the right to correct, amend, or delete your personal information where it is inaccurate or has been processed in violation of this Privacy Notice.
- Right to restrict processing: When the accuracy is contested or processing is unlawful, you can request to restrict processing of your personal data instead of deleting it. We also restrict processing your personal data instead of deleting it, if it is required to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims.
- Right to data portability: Upon request, we provide you with your personal data in a generally legible form.
8. Retention of personal information
We retain your personal information in a form that identifies you only for as long as it serves the purpose(s) for which it was initially collected as stated in this Privacy Notice, or subsequently authorized. We may continue processing your personal information for longer periods, but only for the time and to the extent such processing reasonably serves its purposes. Purposes may be archiving in the public interest, journalism, literature and art, scientific or historical research, and statistical analysis. The processing is subject to the protection described in this Privacy Notice. After such time periods have expired, we may either delete your personal information or retain it in a form such that it does not identify you personally.
9. How we protect your information
Numab takes the security and privacy of the personal information that it collects pursuant to this Privacy Notice very seriously. Accordingly, we implement reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect your personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. When taking protective measurement we take into account the risks involved in processing and the nature of such personal data. We use industry standard best practices and work with partners with applicable certifications (e.g., ISO27001) whenever possible.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 16 through the Site. If you are under 16, please do not give us any personal information. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s Internet usage and to help enforce our Privacy Notice. This may be achieved by instructing children never to provide personal information to us without their parents’ or legal guardians’ permission.
If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 16 has provided personal information to us, please contact us at email@example.com. We endeavor to delete that information from our databases. When we have any reason to suppose we collected a child’s information we take appropriate action to either seek consent from the holder of the parental responsibility or delete the information.
11. Links to External Sites
12. Important notice for residents of the European Economic Area and Switzerland
Numab complies with the Data Protection Act of Switzerland (DPA) and the European Union (EU) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR; Regulation 2016/679), regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from the EU member countries as well as Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Switzerland. We remain responsible if our agent processes personal information in a manner inconsistent with the GDPR, unless we prove that we are not responsible. If there is a conflict between this Privacy Notice and the GDPR, the GDPR prevails. Numab commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information.
When you are not satisfied with the way Numab handles your personal data, we encourage you to let us know and you have the right to object. Additionally, you may file a complaint to the appropriate Supervisory Authority.
13. Changes to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice is effective as of the date stated at the top of this Privacy Notice. We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time and post any changes on the Site as soon as they go into effect. Please refer to this Privacy Notice on a regular basis. For activities that require additional consent from you, we reach out to ask for it before starting these activities.
14. How to contact us
If you have questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Persons who are residents of the EU, Iceland, Liechtenstein, or Norway may also contact Vivenics Consultancy B.V., which is the representative of Numab for data protection in accordance with Article 27 of the GDPR. Vivenics Consultancy B.V. may be contacted regarding all data subject rights in accordance with Article 13 to 23 of the GDPR. This includes requesting information on personal data or any correction of personal data, or to withdraw any consent (Article 7(3) of GDPR).
The address of Vivenics Consultancy B.V. is follows:
Vivenics Consultancy B.V.
P.O. Box 228
5340 AE Oss